Thursday 16 October 2014

New Huffington Post Blog on Anxiety

I have my friend Karen to thank for this.  I anguished all week about what to write about for my second HuffPost blog, having decided to try to publish one a week.  I overthought it, to be honest - but what I wrote for the Huffington just seemed to be more important than what I write on this blog.  I still think of this blog as private in a way, because although I get a steady number of hits - usually around two thousand a month - the Huff has a readership of seven and a half million in this country and one hundred million worldwide.  That seemed like a lot of responsibility.

Anyway, I realised eventually that not all of those people are going to read what I write, and the ones that do won't have any emotional investment in it - nobody's going to think I am letting them down if what I write is not original or ground-breaking.  So, Karen told me that anxiety is a good, current topic, and I knuckled down to writing some words about my experience of it, off the top of my head.

Here's the link to the post:  http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/louise-gillett/coping-with-anxiety_b_5992304.html

Hopefully, I won't spend the next week wondering about my next topic.  But if anyone wants to suggest anything, feel free to write it in the comment box here!

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Louise, I work for Inspirations for Youth and Families, a teen treatment center. We are going to be launching a new therapy called Tingleheads where people watch videos that relax them with soothe voices and subtle sounds. Here is a link to an article http://www.today.com/health/tingleheads-claim-videos-help-ease-stress-2D80174447

    I can be reached at 786 299-6639 or sbrand@inspirationsyouth.com. Congrats on your new gig.

    ReplyDelete