Monday 5 October 2020

Just Quickly...

 I'm waiting for dinner (cooked by my son with the help of his friend who's staying with us for the week). I've managed to keep the household rota going, despite the boys returning to school and the girls both going off to Uni. I still do the food shopping, cleaning and washing, or the majority of it, but we take turns tidying the kitchen, doing the dishwasher and cooking the evening meals.

This, and the fact that I have a new job caring for an elderly gentleman one hour a morning, has enabled me to get into a proper writing routine at home. For the last four weeks - this is the start of week five - I have written every day, Monday to Friday, and occasionally at the weekends too. The caring job helps because it provides me with a small income and also makes sure I get up early every morning, including the weekends. I find myself with more time suddenly - not loads of time, but enough to devote a portion of the day to writing. 

I've recently published a children's book, the third in a series. The series is called The Diary of Ellie Topp by Jenny Bell - you can google it if you're interested. I wrote the new book because I have some fans in India! Amazon is quite big over there now and when I found all the reviews and ratings on Amazon and Goodreads from my young readers, some of them asking for the next book in the series, I couldn't resist. I'm currently writing the fourth and last book in that series and planning a new series of children's books too! I think I have finally found my genre - I'm really enjoying writing for children.

I have some very sad news to share - my mother passed away on Easter Sunday. It's been a really difficult time and I couldn't have shared the news until now. She died of natural causes, it was peaceful...there's not much more to say except that I loved her so much and always will. She knew that, of course, which helps. 

So, love to all, and keep safe. (Personally I'm trying not to think about Covid - whilst taking all the necessary precautions. We all need to get through these days as best as we can - we will come out the other side and one day all this will seem like a distant memory.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment