Wednesday 9 December 2009

Christmas is near; are you stressed?

We watched a Nativity play this morning, and this evening we have been out at another carol concert - so lovely, all these opportunities to revel in the amazing children we have been given. I really feel so proud of them all, and so priveleged to be their mother.

I am looking forward to Christmas - although I feel detatched from the religious aspect, I enjoyed singing at the last carol concert I attended, in church at the weekend, and I was surprised to enjoy it.

Having children means being given the chance to relive your own youth and improve on it. I don't mean by living their lives vicariously, but by getting the opportunity to go to theme parks, fairs, pantomimes; all those leisure activities that would otherwise be lost in the mists of time.

It may sound strange, but being a mother is such a healing experience for me. There are occasions when I become stressed, but mostly I am too grateful for the chance to be a mother to risk getting it wrong.

This is all for tonight - a paean of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment