Thursday 11 August 2011

No Beach Today

Hi All

The weather changed - rain this morning.  It is actually a relief not to have to go to the beach, proving that one can have too much of a good thing.  Eldest daughter did go to the beach actually, with friends, and the little ones were taken out for a couple of hours by their old babysitter.  So I had a little time to myself - although it passed very quickly.  I had to go to the doctor, because of a problem with my dissolvable stitches (a couple of them have failed to dissolve).  It took me a long while to walk there, although luckily I got a lift home.  I had just had a snack and settled myself for a little lie down when the children were home.

I did a fair amount of walking yesterday, and was really pleased to be able to - although it is a very slow and painful process.  I can't drive yet - I did try, but found that I didn't have the strength in my foot to push the clutch pedal down - I hadn't even realised that it took any strength.  Driving was just another thing that I took for granted, before the op.

I am having an x-ray on Monday.  I am really looking forward to it, mainly because I suspect something is up with my left foot.  I want to be told that everything is fine, so that I can stop worrying.  And move on with the whole thing - because the bones should be knitted if everything is giong according to plan, and that should mean that I can start to progress.

Anyway.  I think I will leave this post here, and write another when I am feeling a little more positive.  Not that I am unhappy - just a little tired perhaps.  Hope all is well with all of you.

Louise x

No comments:

Post a Comment