Sunday 13 March 2011

Getting on with things at last

Hi

When I say getting on with things, I mean writing - I am scribbling like a maniac now, trying to finish the book. But of course, this means neglecting other things - like the housework, which is reaching dire proportions. And the children - hubby is here to look after them, but they want me, because that is what they are used to. My eldest has just stormed off in a paddy, because I am on the computer and can't help her with her homework (she has no idea of the existence of this blog, so I have secreted myself in the kitchen while cooking dinner to write a quick post).

I spent hours this afternoon outdoors in my writing shed, and that was pretty peaceful (although I got a bit absorbed and hubby was annoyed because I didn't make it to Sainsbury to do the shopping. He had to go, with Toddler.)

But that is the problem. How do you have a family, and a career? I mean, writing is the one thing that looks like it can be done around the family, and even that throws up conflicts. I suppose I should only write in the evenings, or when they are at school. But I just really need to get this memoir hammered into shape...

Anyway, that is the worst of my problems at the moment, which is clearly not so bad. I hope all (any?) of you readers are getting on with things too, in as simple and straightforward a manner as possible. Remember, life is to be enjoyed. Take all you can from it.

By the way. Anybody who is wondering how I can write about me me me, still, with all that is happening in Japan; I don't know. I feel that I should just stop, and watch, and think about how to help all those people who have been swallowed up, literally and metaphorically, by the tsunami. I used to have nightmares about tidal waves - other people live the reality. I am sorry. Truly.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment