Saturday 5 March 2011

Schizophrenia and Hope

Hi Guys

Feeling loads more positive today. A friend referred me to an article by Emma Harding - a clinical psychologist with the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, and it was a complete revelation. This woman suffered a psychosis and was diagnosed with schizophrenia and she writes about her experience and her recovery openly and honestly. What an inspiration! Look it up for yourselves on psychminded.co.uk

Also, had an evening out with some of the Mums from school last night and still felt like a normal person at the end of the night (this is good, I often feel like I have three heads after one of these occasions). The difference this time is down to two things - a) that I was feeling positive at the start of the evening having just read the above-mentioned article, and b) that this particular group of Mums are more on my wavelength than those I know from my elder kids' year groups. As illustrated by the fact that nobody went clubbing after the meal. And other things that I won't mention for fear of sounding cruel or snobbish, which I really hope I am not.

Today I had a leisurely day out with friends - bliss. Came home to a tableful of hungry kids and a meal cooked by hubby - lucky me. Toddler was simultaneously hyped-up and tired out - which resulted in strange behaviour such as dipping all his food into his juice, 'To get it wet' before he ate it - something he has never done before and that I really hope he is not going to make a habit of. I thought it best to just ignore it today, but will have to formulate a strategy if he tries it again. 'No' will not work - with Toddler that word is like a red rag to a bull.

I will leave it at that for today. Au revoir for now. x.

No comments:

Post a Comment